San Francisco - Get Out
Bikes can be rented from around the northern waterfront (Pier 41/Fisherman's Wharf/Aquarium Park area) or near Golden Gate Park for trips to Marin County via the Golden Gate Bridge. Golden Gate Transit also serves the North Bay from San Francisco, and has bike racks on most buses.
Nearby destinations suitable for daytrips include:
• Berkeley. Home to the University of California, Berkeley and one of the nation's most progressive communities. Also a hub of liberal political activism for the past several decades.
• Napa Valley. The main wine growing region in the United States, a trip to the many wineries makes for a fun day, while those wanting a longer adventure can relax in any one of the many spas, bed and breakfasts, or other lodging options.
• Muir Woods. A 560 acre forest of old-growth redwood trees located in Mill Valley, Muir Woods is a pleasant respite from the city.
• Point Reyes National Seashore. Located north of San Francisco along highway one, Point Reyes is a beautiful seashore that is particularly nice to visit when gray whales are migrating along the coast, usually best in mid-January and then from March through May.
• Santa Cruz. Located on the coast north of Monterey, this funky town is home to surfers, a lively college campus, and a popular boardwalk.
Adapted from WikiTravel under the Wiki License
This site is operated by 2018 Cedar Lake Software