|Colorado Springs is a city in Colorado, USA. |
• United States Air Force Academy
• Pikes Peak
• Manitou Springs
• Garden of the Gods
• Cheyenne Mountain Zoo
• Seven Falls
• Helen Hunt Falls
• Broadmoor Hotel -- even if your budget won't allow you to stay there, it's worth wandering around the resort
• Il Vicino Wood Oven Pizza (best micro brew in town)
• Bristol Brewing Company (try the edge city series if you want robust flavors. their regular selections have been made for the masses)
• The Blue Star (next to Bristol) great atmosphere and good food.
• Shuga's (funky)
• La Unica is the best Mexican in the city!
• Big Train, 3050 N Nevada Ave, Best place in town for a chicken fried steak breakfast.
• North End Diner, 3005 N Hancock, Big cheap breakfast plates.
• Jake and Telly's, Colorado Avenue, Old Colorado City: great Greek food; under $15 for lunch, over $20 for dinner.
• Famous Steakhouse (over priced but good atmosphere)
• O'Furry's: hole-in-the-wall Irish-style pub, featuring some of the best burgers in Colorado Springs.
• Simply Breakfast & The Dinner Nook, Dublin Rd.: a bland-looking storefront hides a restaurant that serves an awesome breakfast, made with care to high standards and served until 2pm.
• The Armadillo, Hwy 83 & Academy Blvd. Tied with Colorado Bean for hottest green chile in the city.
• Colorado Bean, S. Carefree & Powers next to ticket counter of the Cinemark theater. Coffee, drinks, Mexican food. Reasonably priced. Excellent location for dinner when you're also seeing a movie. Tied with The Armadillo for hottest green chile in the city.
• Frankie's Bar & Grill, Powers & Galley: Neighborhood bar/grill since 1984. Great Burgers and Wings! Perfect for watching all the games.
• Frankie's Too!, Woodmen & Neridian in Falcon: Opened 2004, Sports, Spirits and darn good food!
• The Daily Grind, 1200 S Tejon St. (map ) Free wireless.
• Einstein Bros. Cafe, 4325 Centennial Blvd (at intersection with Garden of the Gods Rd), 719.548.8408, M-F 5:30am-6pm, Sa 6-4, Su 7-4. Also at Woodmen & Academy. Free wireless.
• Oldeworld Bagel, 1670 E Cheyenne Mountain Blvd Suite A (in the same shopping plaza as Target, near I-25 and Circle), 719.527.9651. Free wireless.
• Panera Bread, 7344 North Academy Blvd (719) 522-1100; 1845 Briargate Parkway (719) 266-9200; 3120 New Center Point (719) 637-3500; 1832 Southgate Road (719) 389-0808. Free wireless; however, after you connect your browser only directs you to Panera's portal until you click on the appropriate link agreeing to their terms of service.
• The Summit House in the shopping plaza at the corner of Voyager Parkway and Middle Creek (in the northernmost part of town), M-F 6-9, Sa 7-6, Su 7-5, 719.488.8893; from the north exit I-25 at #156A, take Northgate Road east to Voyager Parkway, turn south; from the south exit I-25 at Interquest Parkway, turn north onto Voyager Parkway.
• Colorado City Creamery, Rockrimmon & Delmonico, opens at 1pm Sunday, other hours not known -- network is secured, information available inside for how to connect.
• Also see wififreespot.com
• The towns of Monument or Palmer Lake, about 10 miles north of Colorado Springs, also have free wireless access.