Sarasota has one primary airport, Sarasota/Bradenton International Airport (SRQ) located between Sarasota and Manatee counties.
Sarasota has one primary expressway, I-75, which runs north to south. Major roads in Sarasota include US 41, US301, Cattleman Rd, Clark Rd, Bee Ridge Road, Beneva Rd. and Fruitville Road.
• Westfield Shoppingtown (Formerly Sarasota Square Mall)
• Westfield Shoppingtown Southgate (Formerly Southgate Mall)
• Sarasota Pavilion
• Sarasota Quay
• The Landings Shopping Center
• Sarasota Jungle Gardens. There are 5 shows at the gardens in addition to the grounds themselves which are filled with many interesting plants. As with most early attractions, they offer some animals shows and a chance to see some rare plants, many of which are of extraordinary size. This attraction is a rare opportunity to see what Florida was like in the tourist boom of the early 1900's.
• Ringling Museum
• Ringling Mansion (Ca d'Zan)
• Antique Car Museum (Formerly Bellum's Cars & music of Yesterday
Visit Siesta Key Beach, one of the most beautiful places in the area. See for more information about the beach and the area in general.
Gator Club on Main Street
• Best Western Golden Host Resort 4675 North Tamiami Trail. (941) 355 5141. Set among five acres of palm trees, hibiscus and native tropical foliage, the Best Western Golden Host Resort is minutes from the beautiful Gulf beaches, Sarasota's Performing Arts and all area attractions.
• The Ritz Carlton Sarasota - Complete with beach club on Lido Key, located on Tamiami Trail.
• Rent a condo on Siesta Key it is less expensive than a hotel, especially during off season, where a small condo with a view of the Gulf can be rented for as little as $350 per week.
• Historic Mel-o-Dee Restaurant
• Silver Cricket
• Mickey's Urban Bites
• Mel's Diner
• Main Street Bar and Sandwich Shop
• Sarasota Alehouse
• Empress Garden
• Tasty Home Cookin'
• Sugar and Spice
Adapted from WikiTravel under the Wiki License
This site owned and operated by 2016 LWorld Media Inc.