By car - Duluth is about a 2.5 hour drive north of the Twin Cities, Minnesota, on Highway I-35.
By plane - You can fly in to the Duluth airport.
By boat - Duluth-Superior (WI) is an international seaport, by way of the Great Lakes and the St. Lawrence Seaway, and while the taconite industry has dropped way off from da Iron Range, timber is still shipped by boat.
• The Aerial Lift Bridge and Canal Park
• Split Rock Lighthouse (40 miles north)
• The old Gleensheen Mansion
• Rose garden in Leif Erickson Park
• The panoramic view from the top of Enger Tower
• Duluth's iconic Enger Tower provides excellent views of the city.
• See the bay by ferry tour
• Check out the panoramic view of the city from Enger Tower.
• Go to the beach at Park Point and try swimming in Lake Superior (only in July or August - very cold)
• Take a leisurely stroll or bike ride along the Lakewalk.
• Bike down the paved Munger Trail... all 70 miles if you wish.
• Drive 30 miles north for a picnic at Gooseberry Falls SP, enjoy the falls. You can walk right up face-to-face with frozen waterfall at certain times of the year.
• India Palace: The lunch buffet (on weekdays around noon) is an excellent sampler of East Indian food.
• The Maya: A good Mexican restaurant in the "mall area".
• Hacienda del Sol: Another local Mexican restaurant; considered by some to be a Duluth staple.
• Pizza Luce: An interesting establishment with plenty of live music.
• Bellisio's: Nothing special, but there's good pasta to be found here.
• Grandma's: Good Italian and American food. Probably Duluth's most famous local restaurant.
• The New Scenic Cafe: creative menu based on fresh, local ingredients. Vegetarian friendly. On Lake Superior's North Shore (13 miles north of downtown) with a view of the lake.
• Taste of Saigon: Known for their Vietnamese cuisine
• The Brewhouse: Not just for those looking for a drink; they also have an excellent menu featuring local favorites, including the veggie-friendly Wild Rice Burger. (try the chocolate cake cold).
Adapted from WikiTravel under the Wiki License
This site is operated by 2018 Cedar Lake Software