Las Vegas Nightlife
One thing to consider in Las Vegas there is essentially no last call. Most clubs remain open till 4am and then there are the various after-hours clubs as well. Drink prices can range anywhere from $4-$8 for a domestic bottle of beer, $8-$10 for well drinks (depending on if you like premium alcohol), and $200+ for a bottle of alcohol which usually come with a table.
There is certain nights of the week where clubs are busy then others. For example on the weekends the ultra lounge/clubs are always full of tourists and locals alike. During the weekdays you will find that some of the best places to be are the clubs that have Service Industry Night (SIN). Those are usually the days when everyone that works in Las Vegas takes off (middle of the week Tuesday-Thursday) and that's their "weekend."
Cover is a big thing in Las Vegas. Generally expect to pay anywhere from $15-$30 for cover. There of course is exceptions those mainly being groups of people that have paid for a table reservation, ladies, and sometimes locals. On nights where a club is having a Expect to wait in a line, depending on the night, anywhere from 10 minutes - 2 hours. A general rule of thumb, is to get there early as in before 10pm, yeah it will be empty but you will not have to wait in a long line, you might get a cheaper cover, but do not expect drinks inside to be any cheaper.
Now regarding table services in Las Vegas, keep in mind that a table generally comes with the bottle purchase not the other way around. Its just like a restaurant, unless you keep buying bottles from the hostess they will ask you to vacate the table so that someone else can occupy the table.
Each club normally has a set policy on what a person can wear into their establishment. The problem with this is that they can define from one person to the next what is acceptable. When thinking about what to wear a few words come to mind that are very vague: Casual chic, Upscale attire, Business attire. General rule of thumb is most of the time women know what to wear when they are going out. Men just make sure not to wear tennis shoes, tank tops, hats, t-shirts. For men in general you can never go wrong with slacks and a button-up shirt.
Finally, just a note about the current list of clubs. Nightlife in Las Vegas is very dynamic. It is always changing and clubs generally have a shelf life of about 4 years before something new has to be invented. There are clubs that are really not clubs (Rehab) just promotions at certain venue.
Near the Strip
Starting from the south side of the strip going north
• Rum Jungle at the Mandalay Bay General admission (Sunday - Thursday): $20. General admission (Friday - Saturday, Monday): $25. 3950 S. Las Vegas Blvd. Las Vegas, NV 89119
• Ivan Kane's Forty Deuce right outside the shops Mandalay Place at Mandalay Bay General Admission: $20 (Sun., Mon., Wed., Thurs.) Front of the line: $40 (Fri., Sat.) 3930 S. Las Vegas Blvd. Las Vegas, NV 89119
• Mix at the top of THE Hotel at Mandalay Bay. Beginning at 10 p.m., Sunday - Thursday, $20. Friday - Saturday, $25. Locals are free. 3950 S. Las Vegas Blvd. Las Vegas, NV 89119
• Foundation Room at the top of the Mandalay Bay. Mondays only, from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. Locals: $10. non-locals: $30. 3950 S. Las Vegas Blvd. Las Vegas, NV 89119
• RA at the Luxor. Wednesday - Thursday: Men - $20, Women - $10. Friday - Saturday: Men - $30, Women - $20. 3900 S. Las Vegas Blvd. Las Vegas, NV 89119
• Coyote Ugly at the New York - New York. Monday - Sunday: after 8pm All - $10. New York-New York hotel-casino Las Vegas, NV 89109
• Studio 54 at the MGM Grand. Wednesday & Thursday: $30. Tuesday, Friday, & Saturday: $40. 3799 S. Las Vegas Blvd. Las Vegas, NV 89109
• Teatro Euro Bar at the MGM Grand. Tuesday - Saturday, 9 p.m. - approximately 4 a.m. 3799 S. Las Vegas Blvd. Las Vegas, NV 89109
• Tabu at the MGM Grand
• ICE on the corner or Harmon and Koval. Wednesday, Friday - Saturday, 10:30 p.m. until the party ends. General admission: $20. 200 E. Harmon Ave. Las Vegas, NV 89109
• Empire Ballroom On Las Vegas Blvd. behind the Walgreens next to MGM Grand. Tuesday, Thursday Friday - Sunday, 10 p.m. - 6 a.m. General admission: $20. 3765 S. Las Vegas Blvd. Las Vegas, NV 89109
• Seven next to the Monte Carlo 3724 Las Vegas Blvd Las Vegas, NV 89109
Adapted from WikiTravel under the Wiki License
This site is operated by 2018 Cedar Lake Software