Highland Park is normally visited by crossing the Raritan River Bridge from neighboring New Brunswick. The main street through town is Raritan Avenue, also designated NJ Route 27. The nearest train station is less than a mile away in New Brunswick. Parking is plentiful along streets and in municipal lots in the shopping district. Regular bus service is provided by New Jersey Transit.
Because of its small size, almost everything in Highland Park is within walking distance. Alternatively, personal auto or the bus are the only other means of transportation.
• Donaldson Park along the Raritan River makes for a great family outing with boating, bicycle riding, baseball/softball, and picnic groves among the attractions. It is reached by traveling south on either 2nd or 3rd Avenues. There is no admission charge.
• Livingston Manor is a Greek Revival structure built around 1809 by the Reverend John H. Livingston, the president of Queens College (now Rutgers University). It is located on a quiet tree-lined street in a residential neighborhood at 81 Harrison Street.
• Academy of Art of Highland Park & Gallery, 727 Raritan Ave, (732) 777-2085
• B. Beamesderfer Gallery, 6 No. 2nd Ave, (732) 249-6971
• Judaica Gallery bookstore, 300 Raritan Ave, (732) 828-7722
• Old Things for a New Age Antiques, 427 Raritan Ave, (732) 846-9541
• Pyramid Books, 320 Raritan Ave, (732) 777-1100
• Charlie Brown's Steakhouse, Raritan and 3rd Ave., (732) 545-1778
• New Athens Corner Inn, 28 Woodbridge Ave., (732) 572-0721
• Penny's Restaurant, 304 Raritan Ave., (732) 249-0609
• Seven Hills of Istanbul Mediterranean Grill House, 441 Raritan Ave., (732) 745-1316
• Shanghai Park, 239 Raritan Ave., (732) 247-8813
• Park Pub, 182 Woodbridge Ave., (732) 572-2172
• Polo Pub, 1165 Raritan Ave., (732) 572-9511
• Howard Johnson Express Inn, Route 1, New Brunswick, NJ is located less than 1 mile from the east end of Highland Park.
• Hyatt Regency, 2 Albany Street, New Brunswick, NJ is about 1/4 mile southwest of the borough.
Adapted from WikiTravel under the Wiki License
This site owned and operated by 2015 LWorld Media Inc.