Finger Lakes Region Photo Gallery
F-16 "Fighting Falcon", 174th Nyang, Syracuse
Complete Category List |
|Animals & Pets (78)
Arts & Crafts (106)
Auto Guide (87)
Community Services (91)
Entertainment & Leisure (320)
Events & festivals (15)
Resource Industries (14)
Rochester is a city in the Finger Lakes region of New York state. Rochester was George Eastman's home town, and is still the location of Eastman Kodak . Also home of Xerox and Bausch & Lomb, making it a major center for optics. The local newspaper is the Democrat and Chronicle . Activities
• Cobb's Hill Reservoir Park. If you happen to be in the area, Cobb's Hill provides a great panoramic view of downtown. Located on the corner of Culver and Monroe, it is an easy walk from the cafes on Park More...
Ithaca is a small, hip city in the Finger Lakes region of central New York, at the southern tip of Cayuga Lake. Ithaca is home to Cornell University and Ithaca College. It is known for its liberal politics, particularly in contrast to the surrounding rural (and conservative) villages.Parking
Parking is easy in most parts of Ithaca. Parking lots are never full and most streets have but one or two cars parked More...
Museums and Galleries
• George Eastman House: International Museum of Photography and Film, 900 East Ave, 271-3361 (Fax: 271-3970) - Tu-Sa 10AM-5PM. Offers guided tours of the mansion and photographic exhibits. $8 admission.
• Memorial Art Gallery
• Rochester Museum and Science Center - Exhibits for children and adults.
• Strasenburgh Planetarium
• Mount Hope Cemetery, Mt. Hope Ave. Frederick Douglass, Susan B. Anthony and other historical figures are More...
If you're looking for a lively Protestant church in the heart of downtown, Bethel Community Fellowship on 321 East Avenue and Broad Street seats a good number.
Down the street further east, you'll find a more traditional Asbury First United Methodist Church (1050 East Ave.), recognized for wonderful formal music.
Speaking of music, Pearce Memorial Church features many musicians from the Roberts Wesleyan College community. Take 490 way out west to the North Chili exit, and follow the signs right for Roberts Wesleyan.
Tucked almost in the heart of downtown, More...
• Rochester Public Market, 280 North Union St, 428-6907 - Established in 1905, the public market is full of stalls and vendors. Fun to walk around, it is also an excellent place to purchase cheap locally grown produce. Open Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturdays.
• Marketplace Mall
• The Mall At Greece Ridge Center - While the usual generic liquor stores abound, there are specialty shops that are worth a second look.
• Beers of the World, 3450 Winton Plaza (same plaza as Comix Cafe), More...