Portland Pubs & Bars
• Baghdad Theater and Pub, 3702 SE Hawthorne, 503-228-4651. 2:30-midnight every day (depending on feature). The Baghdad is one of the great things about Portland: a 700-seat second-run movie theater serving a selection of regional craft brews you can drink while you watch. Add on top of that a good selection of pizza (slice or pie), sandwiches, and other brew-pubby foodstuffs, and you've got a great place to blow an evening. Movies start around 5:30PM, and run about every two hours after that. $3 (admission; beer and food extra).
• Likewise the Mission Theater (1624 NW Glisan) and Kennedy School Theater (5736 NE 33rd) are part of the McMenamins Empire.
• The Delta Cafe on SE Woodstock, serves messy Barbecue Pork sandwiches, lemonade in a jar, mixed drinks and 40oz Mickey's.
• Dots on SE Clinton and 26th, a funky night spot.
• Coffee People, with locations throughout the city, is Portland's answer to Starbucks' empire, except the coffee is better. Try a Velvet Hammer if you need caffeine.
• Silverado, Stark and 12th in SW. Gay bar, strippers. Always a fun crowd.
• Rose and Raindrop, 532 SE Grand. A vaguely English-style pub. Very relaxed, many places to sit and accommodating of large (6-8 people) groups. A good selection of beers and food.
• Horse Brass Pub , 4534 SE Belmont. Another English-style pub that also serves a range of English-style food.
• Red and Black Cafe , 2138 SE Division. A Worker owned collective in SE.
Adapted from WikiTravel under the Wiki License
This site is operated by 2019 Cedar Lake Software