Philadelphia Region Photo Gallery
Clock Tower, Independence Hall
Complete Category List |
|Animals & Pets (87)
Arts & Crafts (110)
Auto Guide (148)
Community Services (62)
Entertainment & Leisure (420)
Events & festivals (6)
Resource Industries (9)
• Crowne Plaza - Center City, 1800 Market St, 215 561-7500 - In the heart of the Philadelphia downtown business district - within minutes of shopping and entertainment, and just seven miles from Philadelphia Airport.
• Holiday Inn - Historic District, 400 Arch St, 215 923-8660 - Centered in the Nation's most historic square mile - Philadelphia Airport is only eight miles away.
• Microtel - Airport , 8840 Tinicum Blvd, 215 492-0700. Economy/budget hotel offering More...
Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) is located minutes from the city of Philadelphia in Delaware County, Pennsylvania. The airport itself is served by taxis and the SEPTA R1 Regional Rail Line. Taxis are affordable and generally have a $3.00 base rate for 1 - 3 passengers. The R1 Rail Line serves each terminal throughout the day until approximately midnight and takes about twenty minutes to travel between the airport and center city Philadelphia. The R1 makes stops at all major commuter tunnel stations: 30th Street Station (Amtrak), More...
Philadelphia is one of America's most walkable cities. This has been taken advantage of and Philadelphia is marked extremely well by "Walk! Philadelphia" signs that are placed on each block, sometimes only several feet apart, that guide visitors toward shopping, dining, gallery perusing, cultural enjoyment, local must-sees and public transportation should it need to be taken. The city has two very walkable shopping districts as well as the walkable Benjamin Franklin Parkway, which is home to many museums, including the Franklin Institute and the More...
For someone who isn't familiar with either the Mid-Atlantic / Northeast or even just Philadelphia, local lingo in the area can seem rather daunting. Here is a breakdown of Philadelphia's most popular local terms.
• Youse (guys) You guys, you all
• Water Ice A dessert served by local restaurants that features flavored slushy ice. Sometimes called Italian Ice. Check out Rita's Water Ice for some of the best (you can even get it with gelato!)
• Dis, Dat, Dey, Dees, Doze, Dem, Dough More...
• Philadelphia Phlash The Philadelphia Phlash is a convenient trackless trolley ride between downtown hotels and 19 key Philadelphia locations, including the Philadelphia Museum of Art, Old City and Logan Square. Best of all, the Phlash costs just $1 each time you board and is free for children under 5 years old and senior citizens over 65.
• Big Bus Tours See More...
Philadelphia, located in southeastern Pennsylvania, is the fourth-largest metropolitan area in the United States and the country's fifth-largest city. Often referred to as "Philly," the city's metropolitan area encompasses twelve counties in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware. It is located on the southern fringe of the mid-Atlantic region. Philadelphia, often called the "Birthplace of America" and More...