Plenty of fast food restaurants litter the town, although not as many in the downtown area.
• Clumpie's, 26B Frazier Avenue, 267-5425 - A great little ice cream shop located on Frazier Avenue in the heart of the Northshore.
• Nikki's Drive Inn, 899 Cherokee Blvd, 265-9015. (Right outside the tunnels, 2 minutes from Market Street) Great hush puppies and short-order food. A Chattanooga institution for more than 20 years.
• Bea's Restaurant, 4500 Dodds Avenue, 867-3618. A little off the beaten path, Bea's offers real home cooking. Take a seat at a table, any table, occupied or not, and start grabbing what you'd like off the lazy susan in the center of the table.
• Mom's Italian Villa, 1257 Market Street (near the Chattanooga Choo Choo), 266-2204. This quant little restaurant has been in this location for over 20 years, weathering several incarnations of the neighborhood. Serving "Italian" cuisine from Mom - a southern belle! The story is, Mom's restaurant was once southern home cooking until a boyfriend of hers turned her on to Italian food. The new menu stayed and the boyfriend didn't! Mom is pretty advanced in age these days, but don't be surprised if you see her around the kitchen. The restaurant shows some wear, but the food is great. Expect to spend around $7 per person. It may take a few trips, but you've got to have the muffuletta, ravioli, lasagna, and of course the pizza! The best part is dredging your crispy garlic bread through the house dressing on the antipasta salad. Open M - F, 11am to 9pm and 1230 to 9pm on Sa. Be sure to call, though, sometimes when its slow, they'll close up shop early. Lunch, though, is usually hopping! Casual, family dining.
• Sushi Nabe of Kyoto, 634-0171 - Some of the best Sushi in Chattanooga. Located inside Coolidge Park, this restaurant is extremely convenient and serves fantastic food. Not only is traditional sushi available, but also simpler fare such as Chicken Teriyaki. If you're eating sushi, keep in mind that rolls are 6 pieces and Nigeria are 2. The bill at the end of the meal depends on how much and what you ate! Casual, family dining. Open 7 days.
• Sticky Fingers - Some of the best BBQ in Chattanooga! Top rated ribs: Memphis Style Wet, Memphis Style Dry, Tennessee Whiskey, Habanero Hot, Carolina Sweet. Average price of $10. Two locations in Chattanooga, one downtown in Jack's Alley at 420 Broad Street, the other on the perimeter of Hamilton Place Mall. Contact the Downtown restaurant at 265-RIBS, Hamilton Place at 899-RIBS. Casual, family dining. Open 7 days.
• Big River Grille & Brewing Works, 222 Broad Street, 267-2739. Located in a large, renovated warehouse only a 1/2 block from the Tennessee Aquarium, Big River is a part of the Gordon Biersch family. The restaurant, separated from the main bar by a beautiful brick wall, features an amazing menu with an average price of $15. Expect it to be very busy on summer weekends. Patio seating available. Casual, family dining. Open 7 days.
• Durty Nelly's, A Grand Irish Pub, 109 N Market Street, 265-9970 - A little piece of Ireland, found right in the Northshore district of Chattanooga. Modeled after the original Durty Nelly's of Country Clare, step in to fine draught Guinness Stout, malt whiskeys, traditional dishes and music. Daily specials and regular performances by local groups to keep you coming back. Tucked off the street in a shopping center, just up the street from the intersection of Market and Frazier. Casual, family dining. Open 7 days.
• Taco Mac, 423 Market Street, 267-8226 - Sports-bar style restaurant showcasing buffalo wings and a wide range of beers on tap or in a bottle. M - F 11am - 3am, Sa - Su 12 noon - 3am.
• Out of The Blue Bakery Cafe. Located in the center at the Riverpark on Amnicola. In addition to delicious sandwiches, pick up a kite for a flight through the park! Casual, family dining.
• River Street Deli, 151 River Street (in the heart of the Northshore in Coolidge Park), 756-3354. A New York Deli sitting in Coolidge Park. These fantastic deli sandwiches from an actual New Yorker are perfect fare for a day lounging in the park. Open for lunch M-Sa, but if you can squeeze a reservation, you may be lucky enough to attend on of the famous themed dinners on a Friday night! Casual, family dining.
• Pisa Pizza, 551 River Street, 756-7492 - Established in 1999 near what was to become Coolidge Park, Pisa Pizza has 38 toppings, 5 pasta dishes and 6 different hot hoagies to serve you in its' Chattanooga decorated dining room. In you plan on dining often, be sure to pick up their punch card - your 11th pizza is free. Featuring lunch specials from 11am to 2pm, they are open seven days a week. M-Th, 11am - 10pm, F 11am - 11pm and Sa 12pm - 9pm. Casual, family dining.
• Lupi's Pizza Pies, 406 Broad Street, 266-5874. The Chattanooga Pulse calls Lupi's tomato sauce "the city's best" and their calzones "football-sized." Casual, family dining.
• Mellow Mushroom, 205 Broad Street, 266-5564 - Part of the Atlanta based chain featuring Spring Water based dough and excellent ingredients. Located next to the Bijou Movie Theater and less than a block from the Aquarium, the 60s and 70s themed pizzeria features outdoor seating for those beautiful summer nights in the scenic city. Casual, family dining.
• Cheeburger Cheeburger, 138 Market Street (across from the Aquarium), 265-4108 - This 50s and 60s themed restaurant is part of a Florida based chain that "has been known to make burgers without cheese." Try your hand (or mouth) at their "Famous Pounder" and if you finish it all by your lonesome, you'll be forever immortalized on their wall of fame. Featuring an a la carte menu of ingredients, your burger is unique to you. Artichoke Hearts.. Got 'em. Guacamole, Roasted Red Peppers, Bleu Cheese - they've got those too. Shakes and Malts are also a favorite on their menus. Expect to spend around $7 - $9 per person. Casual, family dining.
• Mojo Burrito,, 3815 St. Elmo Avenue, 822-MOJO. 3 years ago, Mojo Burrito became Chattanooga's first burrito shop and it was even opened by Chattanoogans! Located only minutes from downtown in Historic St. Elmo, Mojo Burrito makes some of the best, fresh, healthy, customizable food you can find. Expect to spend around $7 - $9 for your meal including a big fat burrito. Casual, family dining.
• Qdoba Mexican Grill, 414 Market Street, 756-4777. Big, mean burritos prepared to your specs before your very eyes. Grab your big ol' burrito, a beer and head out to the patio to enjoy the scenic city out of doors. You'll spend up to $10 per person. Casual, family dining.
• River Inn Restaurant, 2134 Suck Creek Road, 886-7476. A little Catfish house nestled alongside the river. In addition to Catfish, Flounder, Trout, Frog Legs, are available as well as the standard steak and chicken fare. Two large decks, one covered, the other screened and a large inside room with fireplace will give you plenty of room to enjoy your meal. Docking facilities available as well, so boats are an approved form of transport! Located about 20 minutes from downtown Chattanooga. Open from 12pm - 10pm F-Su and 5pm - 9pm Tu-Th. Closed Monday. Casual, family dining.
• Buffalo Wild Wings, 507 Broad Street, 877-2356. Wings are the specialty in this nationwide chain, but the burgers aren't too bad either. Enjoy a comfortable, family-friendly, yet sports-bar type atmosphere. Casual, family dining.
• Porker's Bar-B-Que, 1251 Market Street, 267-2726. Some of the very best BBQ you can find in town, located near the Choo-Choo. Casual, family dining.
• Chili's Grill & Bar, 408 Market Street, 265-1511. Find your standard "American" fare in this restaurant, part of the nationwide chain. Located near Jack's Alley and only 4 blocks from the Aquarium. Casual, family dining.
• Wally's Restaurant, 1600 McCallie Avenue, 698-4643 - Classic meat-and-three (vegetables) style restaurant that has been serving Chattanooga for almost 70 years. Breakfast from 6am - 11am. Open M - F, 6am - 8pm, Sa 6am - 2pm. Closed Sundays and most holidays.
• T.G.I. Friday's, 2 Broad Street, 752-8443. Part of the nationwide chain, this restaurant serves up standard "American" fare right next door to the Aquarium. Casual, family dining.
Brainerd/Hamilton Place Mall
• Carrabba's Italian Grill, 2040 Hamilton Place Blvd, 894-9970 - (Located on the road ringing the mall in front of the Ross shopping complex.) Slightly upscale Italian restaurant that is part of nationwide chain. M - Th 4pm - 10:30pm, F 4pm - 11:30pm, Sa 3pm - 11:30pm, Su 11am - 10pm.
• Outback Steakhouse, 2120 Hamilton Place Blvd, 899-2600 - This steakhouse is part of the nationwide chain. M - Th 4pm - 10:30pm, F 4pm - 11pm, Sa 3pm - 11pm, Su 12 noon - 10am.
• Red Lobster Restaurant, 2200 Bams Drive, 490-3488 - (Located just outside the mall ring road.) Part of the nationwide chain of seafood restaurants.
• Olive Garden Italian Restaurant, 2200 Hamilton Place Blvd, 899-7707 - (Located on the left as you enter the Hamilton Place Mall complex from Shallowford Road.) Part of the nationwide chain serving Italian fare at affordable prices. Su - Th 11am - 10pm, F - Sa 11am - 11pm.
• Acropolis, 2213 Hamilton Place Blvd, 899-5341. (Located on the right as you enter the Hamilton Place Mall complex from Shallowford Road.) Serving a large menu of Greek fare in a family-style restaurant.
• Kanpai of Tokyo, 2200 Hamilton Place Blvd, 855-8204 - (Located in the Toys R Us complex next to the mall). Hibachi style Japanese cooking as well as sushi. Lunch, M-Th 11:30am - 2:00pm, F Noon - 2:00pm. Dinner, M-Th 5pm - 9:30pm, F-Sa 5pm - 10pm, Su 5pm - 8pm.
• Logan's Roadhouse, 2119 Gunbarrel Road, 499-4339 - (Located just outside of the mall complex.) Part of the nationwide chain with steaks and burgers as their main meals. Su - Th 11am - 10pm, F - Sa 11am - 11pm.
• Applebee's, 2342 Shallowford Village Dr, 499-1999 - (Located just over the interstate from the Mall, near the Holiday Inn). Part of the nationwide chain serving "American" fare.
• Cracker Barrel, 2346 Shallowford Village Dr, 892-0977 - (Located just over the interstate from the Mall, near the Holiday Inn) This Lebanon, TN based restaurant is famous in the south for its home-style cooking and its "Old Country Store" that operates in the front of each restaurant. Expect weekend evenings and Sunday mornings to be very busy.
• Romano's Macaroni Grill, 2271 Gunbarrel Rd, 894-2221 - (Located just outside of the mall). Part of the nationwide chain serving Italian food, featuring exhibition style kitchens.
• Shogun, 1806 Gunbarrel Rd, 296-6500. (Located just outside of the mall). Hibachi style cooking in the main dining area and a small but accomplished sushi bar to the side. Monday nights feature dollar sushi night with a portion of the menu at specially reduced prices.
• Cheeburger Cheeburger, 1820 Gunbarrel Rd, 954-1957 - (Located in the Target complex). Part of the expanding chain, famous for their cheeseburgers.
• Sweet Basil Thai Cuisine, 5845 Brainerd Rd, 485-8836. Fantastic Thai food tucked away along Brainerd Road, near Hooters and Eastgate Town Center.
• Hooters, 5912 Brainerd Rd, 499-8668 - Part of the international chain, specializing in buffalo wings, beer and sports television. They are probably most famous for their "Hooters Girls" that wear short shorts and tight shirts.
• Golly Whoppers Sandwich Shoppe, 6337 East Brainerd Rd, 855-2001. Located in a shopping plaza between I-75 and Brainerd Road, Golly Whoppers serves fantastic food, sandwiches to soups.
• Out of the Blue Bakery Cafe, 3230 Brainerd Road, 698-7883. A delightful sandwich shop with a second location in the Riverpark plaza on Amnicola.
• Na Go Ya, 4921 Brainerd Rd, 899-9252. Located near the corner of Brainerd and Moore Road in an old Taco Bell building, Na Go Ya offers sushi and other Japanese meals at affordable prices.
• Outback Steakhouse, 501 Northgate Mall #A, 870-0980 - (Located on the outer edge of the mall, near Highway 153.) This steakhouse is part of the nationwide chain. M - Th 4pm - 10:30pm, F 4pm - 11pm, Sa 3pm - 11pm, Su 12 noon - 10am.
• Applebee's, 356 Northgate Mall, 875-8353 - (Located inside the mall at the main entrance, accessible from inside or out.). Part of the nationwide chain serving "American" fare.
• Red Lobster Restaurant, 8 Northgate Park, 870-2371 - (Located on the outer edge of the mall, near Hixson Pike.) Part of the nationwide chain of seafood restaurants.
• Ichiban Japanese Steak House, 5425 Highway 153, 875-0404. Located in the Bi-Lo shopping complex, this restaurant has hibachi style cooking and a light sushi menu.
• Buffalo Wild Wings, 364 Northgate Mall, 877-2356 - (Located in the mall near the main entrance, but accessible from the outside.) A sports bar famous for their buffalo wings and burgers.
• Amigo's, 5450 Highway 153, 875-8049. (Located in the Hobby Lobby shopping complex.) Standard Mexican fare featuring one dollar tacos and one dollar domestic beers on Monday nights.
• Cancun Mexican Restaurant, 5307 Highway 153, 875-9785. (Located right outside the mall complex.) Standard Mexican fare in a family-friendly environment.
• O'Charley's, 5031 Hixson Pike, 877-8966 - (Located less than a half mile from the mall.) Part of the Southeast and Midwest chain served "American" fare.
• Porter's Steakhouse, 827 Broad Street, 643-1240 - One of three locations in the US, Porter's offers fine Chicago-style dining in the Sheraton Reed House in downtown Chattanooga. Fine dining at its best, with an excellent menu and service.
• Terra Nostra Tapas and Wine, 105 Frazier Avenue, 634-0238 - Featuring International Cuisine from Spain, Italy, France, North & South America, Asia and the Caribbean, this unique restaurant is located in the heart of the Northshore. They offer over 60 wines by the glass and 80 by the bottle, along with indoor or outdoor seating. Tapas is often small dishes, so expect to order a number of dishes that average $7 a piece. Open Monday through Thursday from 4:30 - 10pm, Friday and Saturday from 4:30 - 11pm, and Sunday 4:30 - 9:30pm.
• 212 Market Restaurant, 265-1212 - Located just where it says it is, only a block away from the Tennessee Aquarium! This elegant and comfortable restaurant features exquisitely prepared entrees, daily specials, and divine desserts. They also offer monthly cooking classes and wine dinners. The 10 year old restaurant has achieved AAA's 3-diamond rating and Mobile/Fodor's' 3-stars.
• Boathouse Rotisserie & Raw Bar, 1011 Riverside Drive, 622-0122 - Located 10 minutes from downtown Chattanooga on the site of the old Sand Bar Restaurant, the Boathouse features oysters on the half shell along with plenty of Gulf Coast fare such as catfish and shrimp. On Mondays, Gulf Oysters are half price! Entrees average $15 - $18, excluding dipping into the raw bar. Open all week from 11am to 10pm, with their bar staying open until 11pm.
• Sekisui, 200 Market Street, 267-4600. On the same block as 212 Market restaurant, upstairs.
• St. John's Restaurant, 1278 Market Street, 266-4400.
• Bella Bellagio, 1269 Market Street, 634-7731. Located in Miller Plaza.
• Southside Grill, 1400 Cowart Street, 266-9211 - Creative regional cuisine, 300 different wines - 19 of them by the glass. Open for lunch and dinner Monday through Saturday.
• J Alexander's Restaurant.
The Bluff View Art District is host to several restaurants, art museums and galleries, as well as lodging.
• Back Inn Cafe, 265-5033 ext. 1. Located in the Bluff View Art District, upscale global cuisine with an extensive wine list is offered. Patio seating is available, offering stunning views of the river. Open Tuesday through Saturday for lunch and dinner. Hours vary between Summer and Winter.
• Tony's Pasta Shop and Trattoria, 212-B High Street, 265-5033 ext. 6. Located in the carriage house of Bluff View Inn's Thompson House, with a classic Italian menu featuring fresh pastas, sauces, and breads. Open for lunch and dinner seven days a week.
• Renaissance Commons, 402 East Second Street in the Bluff View Art District, 265-5033 ext. 4. Open only for Sunday brunch, this is quite possibly downtown's most elegant way to spend your morning. After brunch, visit the sculpture garden, play Bocce or browse the River Gallery.
• Big River Grille & Brewing Works, 222 Broad Street (only a 1/2 block from the Tennessee Aquarium), 267-2739. Located in a large, renovated warehouse, Big River is a part of the Gordon Biersch family. The bar, separated from the restaurant by a beautiful brick wall, features pool tables and generous amounts of seating, both at the bar and at tables. Big River is also a brewery, creating their own award-winning ales and lagers and features seasonal specials as well. Expect it to very be busy on summer weekends.
• Bud's Sports Bar - 5914 Lee Highway, telephone 499-9878. Bud's is probably the best place in town to grab a beer and watch a game on the television. The lively crowd will keep you entertained even with the television doesn't.
• Riverside Wine and Spirits, 600 Manufacturer's Road, 267-4305. An excellent liquor store only a few blocks from the Northshore heart of Frazier Avenue. Wines and spirits from around the world. From Old Crow Whiskey to the best of wines. Beer, including kegs also available.
• Stone Cup Roasting Company - Located in the Northshore District, the Stone Cup serves coffee that is freshly roasted one site once a week. They serve more than coffee, though, with a menu covering all your day's meals. Be sure to try one of their 5 unique Stone Cup Signature Blends!
• GreyFriar's Coffee and Tea, Located at Jack's Alley in Downtown Chattanooga.
• Rembrandt's Coffee House, 204 East High Street, 265-5033. Located in the Bluff View Arts District. It is the ultimate Chattanooga spot for coffee and mouth-watering desserts and candies. You'll find fine coffees, handmade chocolates and fresh-baked pastries and sandwiches. Open 7am - 10pm M-Th, 7am - 11:30pm F, 8am - 11:30pm Sa, and 8am - 10pm on Su.
Adapted from WikiTravel under the Wiki License
This site is operated by 2018 Cedar Lake Software