Gulf Coast Region Photo Gallery
Bayou Bend Collection Park, Houston, Texas
Complete Category List |
|Animals & Pets (193)
Arts & Crafts (130)
Auto Guide (286)
Community Services (49)
Entertainment & Leisure (438)
Events & festivals (24)
Resource Industries (64)
Kemah is a city on the Gulf Coast of Texas. The boardwalk is a popular destination for people in the Houston area. The best time to come if you want to relax is during the week, but if you have kids and want them to be able to play in the fountains and things, come on the weekends.Get around
Due to the small size of the town there is no public transportation. Taxis are available, and plenty of parking is available. Activities
• Joe's Boardwalk Beast - A fun ride through Galveston Bay, on a speed boat. Closed during the winter. More...
Houston is served by two airports:
• George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) - The larger of the two airports and is located 23 miles north of downtown near Beltway 8, between IH-45 North and US-59 North. It is a hub for Continental Airlines and serves 24 domestic and international airlines.
• William P. Hobby Airport (HOU) - Located 7 miles south of downtown and is located off of I-45 South. It is convenient if you're traveling downtown or south of the city, such as to More...
Houston is the largest city in Texas and the fourth largest in the United States. It is huge, both in population and in land area. "Urban sprawl" is a term tailor-made for this city. Houston is an international city home to among the nation's largest Asian, Arab and Latin American populations. Houston's culture is not limited to diverse population - it boasts a world class symphony and theatre district that More...
Galveston (pop. 57,247) in Galveston county, on the Texas Gulf Coast. Many Houstonians have beach houses in Galveston or elsewhere in Galveston county. Houstonians sometimes relocate to beach houses during the summer or simply drive to Galveston to enjoy the local beach.
Although Galveston is a port city for the Houston Metropolitan Area, it has largely been overshadowed by the city of Houston. Still, Galveston remains More...
Corpus Christi, Texas is a coastal paradise of sea, sun and fun! Experience Corpus Christi, Texas' largest coastal city, and with a rich blend of nature, culture, history and unique entertainment. The natural beauty of Corpus Christi's waterfront, bay and beaches is a constant lure for locals and visitors.Activities
On any given day, the waters are host to an array of colorful sails - which constantly decorate More...
• Space Center Houston - 1601 NASA Road 1 (located 25 miles south of downtown Houston in the NASA/Clear Lake area), 281-244-2100. Open daily. Summer hours: June 10am-7pm, July 9am-7pm, August 10am-5pm, 10am-7pm Weekends. Winter hours: Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat-Sun 10am-6pm. $17.95 Adults, $13.95 Children (4-11), discounts for seniors. Parking $4. Indoor fun space museum. A big hit with kids, but informative for adults. A highlight is the tram tour of NASA's Johnson Space Center.
• Battleship Texas and San Jacinto Battleground Monument More...