Salt Lake City Photo Gallery
Salt Lake City, Utah
Salk Lake City Map 24kb
Salt Lake City - Getting In
Salt Lake City - Getting Around
Salt Lake City - Pubs & Bars
Salt Lake City - Districts
Salt Lake City
Salt Lake City Attractions
Salt Lake City Dining
Latitude: 40.61886 to 40.79967
Longitude: -111.8087 to -112.0437
Area code(s): 435, 801
Zip Code(s): 84101, 84102, 84103, 84104, 84105, 84106, 84107, 84108, 84109, 84110, 84111, 84112, 84113, 84114, 84115, 84116, 84117, 84118, 84119, 84120, 84121, 84122, 84123, 84124, 84125, 84126, 84127, 84128, 84130, 84131, 84132, 84133, 84134, 84136, 84138, 84139, 84141, 84143, 84144, 84145, 84147, 84148, 84150, 84151, 84152, 84153, 84157, 84158, 84165, 84170, 84171, 84180, 84184, 84189, 84190, 84199
• Salt Lake International Airport. Located on the western edge of the city. It serves as Delta Airlines mid-country hub, with over 120 daily departures for Delta alone.
• Airport #2. Located to the southwest of the city in West Jordan, serves as a regional airport for smaller aircraft.
Interstate 80 and Interstate 15 intersect in the city just west of Downtown. I-80 heads east through the Wasatch Range, eventually More...
If traveling by car, a knowledge of Salt Lake's famous "grid system" is a big plus. All 16 cities follow the same grid system. Major streets are laid out precisely running north-south or east-west. The origin of the grid is located downtown, on the south-east corner of Temple Square (the location of the Salt Lake Temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints). Street addresses are coordinates within the grid system. For example, one might speak of the intersection of More...
Pubs & Bars
Utah liquor laws
Utah's liquor laws are known as one of the more peculiar things about the state. Liquor is sold only in state-owned stores and generally costs more than in other states. Near-beer (3.2% alcohol, as opposed to the standard 4-5%) replaces the usual brew, which is available in stores and restaurants. "Full strength" beer is available in bars and liquor stores. Also, state law prohibits the serving of more than one ounce (shot) of alcohol as the primary liquor in a mixed More...
• Downtown - home to Main Street.
• Central City - the main residential area of the city.
• Sugar House - commercial/residential district with many funky shops.
• Federal Heights - affluent district to the northeast, made famous for the Elizabeth Smart kidnapping.
• The Avenues - first neighborhood in Salt Lake, many old buildings .
• East Bench - residential, to the east.
• Capitol Hill - affluent More...
Salt Lake City
Salt Lake City is the capital and largest city of Utah, a state located in the United States. It is one of the largest cities in the Southwest region of the United States. It lies in a valley (sometimes called the "Wasatch Front") located between the Wasatch Range to the east, and the Oquirrh Mountains to the west, the traditional More...
• Temple Square. Located in the heart of downtown, Temple Square is the most visited location in Utah. There are numerous missionaries speaking many languages to help to show you around the temple grounds, tabernacle, assembly hall, and two visitor centers. Inside the visitor center are numerous exhibits and video presentations explaining the Mormon faith. Note that non-Mormons are not permitted to visit the Temple itself.
• Salt Lake City main library. One More...