Arizona Photo Gallery
Sunset, Lake Pleasant, Arizona
Arizona Counties Map 18kb
Arizona Map 149kb
Complete Category List |
|Animals & Pets (331)
Arts & Crafts (280)
Auto Guide (394)
Community Services (79)
Entertainment & Leisure (665)
Events & festivals (24)
Resource Industries (30)
Arizona is a U.S. state located in the Southwestern United States. It is noted for its desert landscape, exceptionally hot summers and mild winters. Less well-known is the pine-covered high country in the north-central portion of the state, which contrasts with the lower deserts of the state.
Arizona is one of the Four Corners states. It borders New Mexico, Utah, Nevada, California, touches Colorado, and has a 389 mi (626 km) international border with the states of Sonora and Baja California in Mexico. Aside from the Grand Canyon, many other More...
Sedona is in Arizona, United States of America. It is the name of a small town, but the term also applies to the surrounding "Red Rock" country, which has turned the town of Sedona into a trendy (some would say overly so) travel destination.Activities
• Buy an inexpensive Red Rock pass from any gas station or convenience store, and you'll be able to park at or near the trailheads for More...
|Petrified Forest National Park
Petrified Forest National Park is a United States National Park that is located in eastern Arizona, in the Southwest region of the United States. The park takes its name from the remnants of ancient trees which have been transformed into brilliantly colored minerals through a series of geological processes.
Petrified Forest was set aside as a national monument in 1906 to preserve and protect More...
• Giant Logs Trail. An easy 0.4 mile paved trail located behind the Rainbow Forest Museum that passes by numerous petrified logs, including the park's largest, nicknamed Old Faithful.
• Long Logs Trail. An easy 0.6 mile loop trail that is located 0.5 miles from the Rainbow Forest Museum. This trail passes through the park's largest concentration of petrified wood.
• Agate House. Accessible via a 0.5 mile spur (one-way) off of the Long Logs Trail, this trail leads to an rebuilt pueblo that was constructed More...
Note that Petrified Forest National Park is only open to the public for day use every day of the year except for Christmas Day (December 25). Park access is prohibited at night without a permit. Park hours are:
• 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM MST (Summer)
• 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM MST (Spring & Fall)
• 8:00 AM to 5:OO PM MST (Winter)
Note: Unlike most western states, Arizona does not observe Daylight Savings Time, remaining on Mountain Standard Time year-round. However, many visitors arriving from the Navajo Reservation (which More...
Lodging is not available within the park, but numerous hotels can be found in the towns of Holbrook (30 minutes west), Flagstaff (1.5 hours west), and Gallup (1 hour east).
There are no organized campgrounds within the park. Some of the souvenir shops located just outside of the park's southern entrance will allow camping or overnight parking on their properties as long as you purchase at least one item from them.
For those who wish to stay overnight in the park's wilderness area, a free permit must be obtained at More...