Nevada Photo Gallery
Mirage Hotel, Las Vegas, Nevada
Nevada Counties Map 14kb
Nevada Map 91kb
Nevada Map 46kb
Black Rock City
Complete Category List |
|Animals & Pets (79)
Arts & Crafts (50)
Auto Guide (95)
Community Services (27)
Entertainment & Leisure (424)
Events & festivals (108)
Resource Industries (7)
Nevada is an arid state of the USA, lying between California and Utah. Most of the state is within the Great Basin, while the southern portion is within the Mohave desert and the Colorado river drainage. Its official nickname is "The Silver State". Other nicknames include "The Sagebrush State" and "The Battle-Born State". Located in the western United States, best known for its legalization of gambling and More...
||Black Rock City
Black Rock City, Nevada is an ephemeral town that exists for only one week each year during Burning Man, a radical arts festival. At its maximum occupancy, the town has about 35,000 citizens and a post office, an emergency services crew, a volunteer police department, roads, houses, bars, clubs, restaurants, and hundreds of art installations and participatory "theme camps". After a week, the city is completely disassembled, much of it burned leaving the stark, white desert exactly as bare as it had been when the event started. Overview
From Northern California:
- As both Reno and the Sierra Nevada are popular weekend destinations for Northern Californians, traffic can be bad coming to Reno on Friday evening, and leaving Reno on Sunday evening, especially in the ski season. The most direct route to Reno is via Interstate 80 over Donner Summit (7239 feet). This route sees a great deal of snowfall during the winter, and will shut down for periods of up to a day several times during a typical winter. If you plan on crossing this or any other pass in the More...
Located along the eastern edge of the Sierra Nevada mountains, Reno is both a destination in its own right and a gateway for many outdoors activities. Reno is the second largest gaming destination in Nevada, and while some of the Casinos are quite large they tend to be less glitzy then those in Las Vegas. There are several world-class ski areas within a one-hour drive of Reno, including Squaw Valley (home of the 1960 Winter Olympics), Heavenly and Alpine Meadows. Lake Tahoe is about forty-five minutes away.
The eastern entrances to Yosemite are about an hour and a More...
On The Strip
• Aladdin, 3667 S. Las Vegas Blvd, (702) 785 5555,] .
• Bellagio, 3600 S. Las Vegas Blvd, (702) 693-7111
• Boardwalk, Diagonal from MGM, cheap and convenient.
• Caesars Palace
• Circus Circus, 2880 S. Las Vegas Blvd., (877) 224-7287
• Four Seasons
• Flamingo, 3555 S. Las Vegas Blvd.
• Harrah's More...
Southern Californians crowd Interstate 15 every weekend going back and forth to Vegas. Expect this drive to be crowded and frustrating, unless you can come and go at off-peak hours. However, many find the 280-mile drive along the I-15 restful and scenic. Attractions along the I-15 include the towns of Barstow, California; Baker, California; the Mojave Desert; and small hotel-casinos at Stateline (Primm), Nevada and Jean, Nevada. Those who traverse the I-15 should remember that they are crossing a desert, and should carry (and drink) More...