Toledo Express Airport
Greyhound makes regular stops in Toledo. (Be warned: The bus stop is not in a safe/high crime area.)
Amtrak stops in Toledo.
TARTA -- local public transportation
• Rally by the River
• Go to the East Side
• State Parks
• Boating on the Maumee
To this day, Toledo is a union town; the bloody Auto-Lite strike of 1934 was a key event in labor history. Today, Toledo is a city of 315,000 with a big local university, a decent daily paper (non-chain), and a lot of empty space downtown that gets turned into artists' lofts. There's a huge and beautiful neighborhood of Victorian mansions near downtown, a world-class art museum, and a band in every garage. The food is worth stopping for: not only Tony Packo's famous hot dogs, but also classy Middle Eastern food, Hungarian baked goods, and a few good old diners.
• Toledo Museum of Art -- 2445 Monroe St. (at Scottwood Avenue), Toledo; 419-255-8000 (tdd); 800-644-6862 (tdd). Tuesday-Thursday 10 a.m.-4 p.m.; Friday 10 a.m.-10 p.m.; Saturday 10 a.m.-4 p.m.; Sunday 11 a.m.-5 p.m. This is a fantastic, world-class museum. Free.
• The Old West End -- the blocks south of the Art Museum. Historic neighborhood full of huge old mansions and 100-year-old trees. You can tour these homes at Christmas and at a festival the first weekend in June.
• Lights Before Christmas
• Crosby Gardens Arts Festival
• Monster trucks
• Clarion Toledo Hotel Westgate 3536 Secor Road. (419) 535-7070. Nr. University of Toledo
• Wyndham Toledo Hotel TWO SEAGATE/SUMMIT STREET. Tel: (419) 241-1411. Fax: (419) 241-8161. An oasis of tranquility in the center of Toledo's bustling downtown. Whether you're staying with us for business or pleasure, you'll find attentive service and thoughtful conveniences at the Wyndham Toledo Hotel.
Local specialties include, Tony Packo's Pickles'n'Peppers, salt-rising bread from Wixey Bakery and handmade noodles.
• Tony Packo's
• Wixey Bakery
Adapted from WikiTravel under the Wiki License
Home | Add/Modify Listing | Photo Gallery | Maps | Contact | About Us | Canada Privacy Statement
This site is operated by 2023 Cedar Lake Software