Tulsa - Activities
• Downtown Mall Walk the downtown mall and see lots of Art Deco architecture downtown.
• The Center of the Universe is at the top of a pedestrian bridge in Tulsa. The bridge goes over the railroad tracks from Archer Street to First Street, west of the Union depot and immediately north of the Williams Center Tower. If you stand on the opposite side of the brick circle from someone else, you hear their echo, but not your own. If you stand at the center of the brick circle and talk, your echo "sounds weird".
• Artificial Cloud, Just south of The Center of the Universe is a 72.5 foot sculpture by Robert Haozous.
• IMAX theater at the Cinemark movie megaplex at 71st South and Hwy 169.
• Tulsa's Incredible Pizza Company 8314 E. 71st Street (918-294-8671) It has 96,000 square feet and is both a restaurant and amusement park, includes an all-you-can-eat pizza and salad buffet, indoor go-kart races, bumper cars, miniature golf, bowling, and a game arcade.
• Fringe at 823 E. 3rd street South is a "knitting/coffee shop".
• Oxley Nature Center hidden in the woods behind the Tulsa Zoo. Open almost all year. Has a few different habitats built up, such as a mini-prairie, a marsh with a walkover, ponds, woods, and plenty of opportunity for bird-watching.
• River Parks There is a lovely cafe down around 21st and they have live music from time to time when it is warm out.
• Tulsa Oktoberfest, which some people say is the largest Oktoberfest in the world outside of Germany. In 2006, Oktoberfest runs October 19 - 22.
• Tulsa State Fair at the Expo Fairgrounds (near 21st and Yale). It's the last full week in September. "Funnel cakes" are a tradition.
• Oklahoma Scottish Games & Gathering, Recently moved to River West Festival Park. It's always the third weekend in September. Next one is September 16-17, 2006.
• Tulsa Trek Expo The largest Star Trek convention in the central US.
• Contestoga in Tulsa it is Oklahoma's largest literary science fiction and fantasy convention. Late July.
• Cherry Street Farmer's Market 15th and Peoria, every Saturday 'til the frost is on the pumpkin' from about 7 am to 11 am.
• Wanenmacher's Tulsa Arms Show is the world's largest gun show. Twice a year. April and October.
Adapted from WikiTravel under the Wiki License
This site is operated by 2024 Cedar Lake Software