San Francisco Photo Gallery
Golden Gate Bridge from Baker Beach, San Francisco, ...
San Francisco Map 199kb
San Francisco Metro Map 24kb
San Franscisco (large) Map 70kb
Bayview Hunters Point
Latitude: 37.71912 to 37.82092
Longitude: -122.3687 to -122.5548
Area code(s): 000, 310, 408, 415, 510, 562, 619, 650, 707, 831, 858, 916, 925
Zip Code(s): 94101, 94102, 94103, 94104, 94105, 94106, 94107, 94108, 94109, 94110, 94111, 94112, 94114, 94115, 94116, 94117, 94118, 94119, 94120, 94121, 94122, 94123, 94124, 94125, 94126, 94127, 94129, 94130, 94131, 94132, 94133, 94134, 94135, 94136, 94137, 94138, 94139, 94140, 94141, 94142, 94143, 94144, 94145, 94146, 94147, 94150, 94151, 94152, 94153, 94154, 94155, 94156, 94157, 94158, 94159, 94160, 94161, 94162, 94163, 94164, 94165, 94166, 94167, 94168, 94169, 94170, 94171, 94172, 94175, 94177, 94188, 94199
Complete Category List
|Animals & Pets (42)
Arts & Crafts (153)
Auto Guide (28)
Community Services (14)
Entertainment & Leisure (360)
Events & festivals (21)
Resource Industries (4)
• Villa Soma - Offers fully furnished rooms at a daily or weekly basis. located in the South of Market district of San Francisco. Free Local Calls! DSL Lines! In Room Color Satellite TV with VCR! $20 per day.
• Central YMCA,, located in Civic Center. Dorm $23.50 per person, also private rooms and weekly rates.
• Taylor Hotel San Francisco - Budget hotel accommodation at cheap rates for hostel travelers near Union Square. Private Rooms from $36.99.
• Hostelling More...
For laid-back, involved-with-your-fellow-travelers kind of travel (cooking is shared, the sleeper busload camps ensemble), check out the Green Tortoise . GT runs buses up to Seattle and down to Baja California; to Black Rock City, Yosemite National Park, a National Parks loop including the Tetons, Yellowstone and more, and a coast-to-coast run to New York.
Bikes can be rented from More...
There are three airports in the San Francisco Bay Area:
• San Francisco (SFO, located about 10 miles south of the city),
• Oakland (OAK, in the East Bay), and
• San Jose (SJC, in the Silicon Valley, about 1 hour south of San Francisco).
Both Oakland and San Jose are served by discount airlines such as Southwest. All three airports may be reached by inexpensive public transit. San Francisco and Oakland are connected to downtown SF by the BART rapid-transit train. The savings over taxis can be More...
Walking can be an enticing option to get from one neighborhood to another, so long as you are aware of where you are and keep your street smarts -- Sf is a town of friendly neighborhoods but it is also "big city" - be aware of your surroundings. Streets which often go straight up and down hills may make driving difficult, but make for breathtaking views (as well as good exercise) for the pedestrian. There are many stairway walks scattered throughout the city, at blocks that are too steep for a roadway. You can find maps that include hiking trails, More...
• Take one of the many San Francisco harbor tours and admire the views from the bay or visit historic Tiburon, best when the weather is clear.
• Ride a San Francisco Cable Car, or take the F-train, an electric street car running from Fishermen's Wharf along the Embarcadero, down Market street, up to The Castro.
• Critical Mass. On the last Friday of each More...
San Francisco is a bustling cosmopolitan city in California, the centerpiece of the Bay Area, well-known for its diverse ethnic and political communities, hilly and picturesque terrain, and history of earthquakes. It is located on the tip of a peninsula by San Francisco Bay and the Pacific coast and has a population of around 750,000. It is 7 miles by 7 miles in size. The best times to visit are September and October More...