Pennsylvania Photo Gallery
Three Mile Island reactors, Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania Counties Map 29kb
Pennsylvania Map 48kb
Pennsylvania Map 147kb
Complete Category List |
|Animals & Pets (387)
Arts & Crafts (320)
Auto Guide (491)
Community Services (229)
Entertainment & Leisure (1,157)
Events & festivals (52)
Resource Industries (50)
Pennsylvania is a state in the eastern United States. It is known for its revolutionary war era historical sites (mainly in Philadelphia) and its steel industry. Pennsylvania is bordered by the states of New Jersey, New York, Delaware, Maryland, West Virginia, and Ohio.
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is a geographically diverse state with a Great Lake on one shore and a major seaport on the other. The climate of Pennsylvania is pleasant, with cold, often snowy winters, mild to hot, humid summers, and gorgeous green springtimes, and most notably, spectacular More...
Pittsburgh is a city of about 350,000 in Southwestern Pennsylvania, although the population of its metropolitan area is about 2,000,000. It is situated at the confluence of the Monongahela and Allegheny Rivers, which meet to form the Ohio River. Pittsburgh has a rich history and for its size an unusual array of cultural treasures. The main reason for this abundance is the wealth that was generated when Pittsburgh was More...
Lehighton is a borough in Carbon County, near Jim Thorpe, Allentown and The Lehigh Valley, in the state of Pennsylvania in the United States of America.Get around
Lehighton and the surrounding region have no significant means of public transportation. Taxi service is available but pick-ups must be arranged by telephone. Attractions
The Lehigh River snaking through the towering mountains has given More...
Philadelphia, located in southeastern Pennsylvania, is the fourth-largest metropolitan area in the United States and the country's fifth-largest city. Often referred to as "Philly," the city's metropolitan area encompasses twelve counties in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware. It is located on the southern fringe of the mid-Atlantic region. Philadelphia, often called the "Birthplace of America" and More...
• Philadelphia Phlash The Philadelphia Phlash is a convenient trackless trolley ride between downtown hotels and 19 key Philadelphia locations, including the Philadelphia Museum of Art, Old City and Logan Square. Best of all, the Phlash costs just $1 each time you board and is free for children under 5 years old and senior citizens over 65.
• Big Bus Tours See More...
For someone who isn't familiar with either the Mid-Atlantic / Northeast or even just Philadelphia, local lingo in the area can seem rather daunting. Here is a breakdown of Philadelphia's most popular local terms.
• Youse (guys) You guys, you all
• Water Ice A dessert served by local restaurants that features flavored slushy ice. Sometimes called Italian Ice. Check out Rita's Water Ice for some of the best (you can even get it with gelato!)
• Dis, Dat, Dey, Dees, Doze, Dem, Dough More...